The lively pinkish/purple cushion cut eye clean spinel is set in a 14ct rose gold and black diamond crossover ring
Spinels come in a wonderful palette of colours. All our spinel rings are unique and even though there are similar designs, the tone, colour, and weight of the spinels will vary. For this reason, every variation is listed separately.
Highlights from a recent article in the NY Times:
- Colour is really what spinels are all about. Many jewellery makers have used their vibrant, shimmering range of shades to enrich designs.
- “Their high refractive index gives spinels lots of fire.”
- “a magical stone with its numerous hues and tonalities.”
- Mr. Borruso of Sotheby’s noted that the lack of manipulation is a plus for the gem. “Ninety-eight percent of rubies and sapphires are treated, often heated to change the colours and dissolve some inclusions,” he said. “People have a craving for things that are real. Our spinels are natural.
- Spinels are enjoying a comeback
Our jewellery comes in patented fabric pockets (pouches) with the jewellery displayed on inner pads. Rings are presented in smaller pockets with the rings inserted into the base. The packaging can be used as pouches for additional jewellery. The packaging is integral to the history of the brand.
The crossover ring is crafted in 14ct gold, spinel, and ethically sourced natural diamonds. Spinels are a hard stone, close to sapphire and ruby. They have even colour without zoning and the life, fire and brilliance of the stone is unique. The ring can be worn without concern.
The cushion spinel weighs 2.44ct and the brown diamonds in the band weigh 0.53ct. The unique ring is size Uk size M but can be sized. Please contact us if you wish to have the ring sized.