The stunning bluish grey cushion cut 2.94ct spinel is 4 claw set into a 14ct white gold ring.
Spinels come in a wonderful palette of colours. This spinel is a captivating steely bluish grey colour. All our spinel rings are unique and even though there are spinels in the same setting, the tone, colour, and weight of the spinels will vary in every ring. For this reason, every ring is listed separately.
Spinels are a hard stone, close to sapphire and ruby and are perfect for jewellery. They have even colour distribution and a unique fire and brilliance.
This unique ring is size M but please contact us if you wish to have the ring sized.
Highlights from a recent article in the NY Times:
- Colour is really what spinels are all about. Many jewellery makers have used their vibrant, shimmering range of shades to enrich designs.
- “Their high refractive index gives spinels lots of fire.”
- “a magical stone with its numerous hues and tonalities.”
- Mr. Borruso of Sotheby’s noted that the lack of manipulation is a plus for the gem. “Ninety-eight percent of rubies and sapphires are treated, often heated to change the colours and dissolve some inclusions,” he said. “People have a craving for things that are real. Our spinels are natural.
- Spinels are enjoying a comeback
Our jewellery comes in patented fabric pockets (pouches) with the jewellery displayed on inner pads. Rings are presented in smaller pockets with the rings inserted into the base. The packaging can be used as pouches for additional jewellery. The packaging is integral to the history of the brand.